Welcome to the new, and surprisingly unchanged, Halcyon Days. In the past week, I’ve successfully migrated over from WordPress.com to self-hosting. (This gives me considerably more freedom to customize readers’ experience.) Additionally, I’ve programmed a little Facebook application which automatically updates my (not your) activity feed with new posts. Finally, I’ve done a little bit of work on the Halcyon Days page on Facebook, and integrated a Like box (that thing on the right hand side) into the site.
Unfortunately, there is one category of data which did not migrate over: statistics. So, I started yesterday with 0 all-time views on this site, which was a blow to my ego. But, below I have a list of my top 1o most-viewed posts. I encourage new readers to browse through the Archives, which you can do from a widget on the right.
The Halcyon Days Top Ten Most-Read Posts
- You Should Date an Illiterate Man
- How to Get Into College: Steal This
- How to Get in Great Shape, Get a Comprehensive Education from the World’s Best Institutions, Make Friends, and Earn Almost $75k… All in Less Than A Year!!!
- How to Get Hired at a Hedge Fund: A Resume Dissection
- Are You Too Smart for College?
- On the Hating of Haters
- On University of Chicago’s Biggest Lesson
- On Naked Parties
- How I Learned to Stop Learning, Gush Platitude, and Get A’s in Critical Thinking Courses
- In Defense of Fiction: On Nuance
Many, many new posts are on the way.