It’s been over two years since I published something to this blog, to which I published assiduously when I was in college at The University of Chicago, but began to neglect when I left to work on Mergenote, a startup of mine.
As I figure out what I want to do with my personal homepage, jasondrowley.com, and contemplate archiving this blog, I figured that it behooves me to have something other than a post on Overcoming Writers Block from two years ago (the irony of which does not escape me) to be the first thing you see.
Here is a list of some of my favorite posts from The Halcyon Days (in no particular order):
- An Open Letter To The Higher Education System
- A Supposedly Fun Thing I’ll Never Do Again
- What Makes Me
- Shelf Space (short fiction)
- Why You Should Date an Illiterate Man (essay)
- How To Get Into College: Steal This
- How to get in great shape, get a comprehensive education from the world’s best institutions, make friends, and earn almost $75k… All in less than a year!!!
So, that’s that, then. I hope you enjoy the reading.
If you have any suggestions of what I might do next with my website, I’m all ears.