As you may or may not know, I have a newsletter I’ve been sending out since May 2016 on a roughly weekly basis. If you want to keep up with what I write at the day job and the most interesting links I find while procrastinating at my day job, consider subscribing: Rowley.Report.
Considering it’s Halloween and all, I figured I should share some of the tips and tricks I use to produce that content.
You have to understand that to produce something like that every week, an elaborate conjuring ritual is involved. Trick or treat?
- Start by arraying five beeswax candles in the shape of an upside down star on the floor. Light the candles.
- Fashion a miniature boat out of cocktail bar coasters and glue, and use one of the heavy metal pens they give you to sign your bill at the Rosewood as a mast.
- Print out the most recent leaked term sheet and fashion it into a sail, affixing it to the makeshift boat.
- Anoint the small boat with samples of billionaire founders’ blood, sweat, and tears.
- Place the boat in the middle of the inverted star on the floor.
- Burn and scatter the ashes of one of the last remaining hard copies of Georges Doriot’s Manufacturing class notes into and about the small boat.
- For safety, blow out the candles in your house and take your boat to the nearest body of water, ideally while riding a Bird or Lime scooter.
- Short-circuit one JUUL e-cigarette battery such that it begins to heat up, and place it in the boat.
- Also place a USB stick containing the weekly output of charts and all items, read and unread, from my RSS feedreader.
- Push the boat into the open water. If timed correctly, the short-circuiting JUUL battery will light the whole thing on fire, resulting in a kind of viking funeral effect. Like this: ?⛵
- Summon the Owl by hooting vigorously toward the blackness of the woods. Speak of phenomenal risk-adjusted returns with it, in tongues, until sunrise.
- Go home, and sleep.
- Kind of all in one fell swoop: Merge accumulated notes in iA Writer & Drafts 5 into a new document; edit markdown in iA Writer; in iA Writer, left-swipe with two fingers to reveal well-rendered and semantic HTML; copy; paste into new Mailchimp email campaign.
- Press send.